Our commitment to sustainable tourism by 2030
The Vignoble de l'Orpailleur has signed the Commitment for Sustainable Tourism by 2030, in order to demonstrate its commitment to improving the performance of its organization and its activities in terms of sustainable development by 2030.
The United Nations World Tourism Organization defines sustainable tourism as "...tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social and environmental impacts, meeting the needs of visitors, industry, of the environment and host communities. »
Each year, Vignoble de l'Orpailleur commits to improving its sustainable practices and reducing its ecological footprint, in particular in the following ways:
- Structuring our approach to sustainable development and quantifying the performance of the Vineyard using performance indicators and measurable objectives for each priority issue.
- Minimize the imprint of man on nature by continuing our commitment to study and apply the principles of sustainable cultivation in viticulture .
- Promote the biodiversity of the Vineyard by continuing our active involvement in numerous government and private research projects .
- Train our employees on priority issues as well as communicate our sustainable practices and commitments to our customers
- Evaluate and improve energy efficiency and reduce GHG emissions, particularly by developing our practices to store carbon in our soils
- Promote the local economy and ensure partnerships with local players and products
- Consolidate responsible purchasing practices and favor local purchasing in terms of supply.